We have a strong, supportive, motivating community here at CrossFit Amherst! In an effort to connect our community even more than it already is, we are starting our monthly “Get to know our athletes” write up. Each month we will spotlight one athlete to learn a little more about them in and out of the gym. This will be posted on Facebook, our Members page, our website, as well as at the box.
Our first and September athlete we are spotlighting is Kat Porter! Kat is a committed and determined athlete at CrossFit Amherst that always puts in the hard work with an awesome attitude and smile on her face. We asked Kat some questions and here are her answers:
Kathleen Porter (Kat)
Started CrossFit May 2015
Favorite class: 5:30 am
1) Where is your hometown? -Buffalo, NY
2) What do you do for a living? -Project Manager at Liazon – Employee benefits technology firm
3) Do you have any children/pets? If so, what kind/how many? Yes, I have a daughter Olivia 10 and 2 dogs Mable – Boxer mix & A-Rod a beagle
4) What is your favorite movement in CrossFit? Least favorite? Favorite movement so far would have to be cleans, most challenging are overhead squats
5) What are your hobbies outside of CFA? I enjoy reading, camping, gardening and anything outdoors.
6) What would you like to get out of CrossFit, long-term? Long terms goals are to improve my overall health & fitness levels. I hope to improve my endurance and strength and hopefully hit a muscle up by my first year CFA anniversary
7) Fun Fact about you! I am a wonderful cook but terrible baker!